Mexico. Fujitsu conducted a study with the PAC consultancy where 1.278 was interviewed by senior decision makers from organizations and the public sector in Europe, Oceania and North America. From this study, important information has been extracted about how the CxO (Chief Experiencie Officer) plans to close the digital divide in their current work environment and how they design their support strategy in face of the business demands in 2025.
Thus, the report defines how the job will be in the 2025. Millennials will represent more than 50% of the workforce and redefine the corporate culture around flexible and open models, collaboration and data. Remote work and freelancers will be established as the norm, and companies will drastically modify the size and appearance of the office where a new approach to health and well-being should prevail. Hence, technology will play a vital role in helping companies to enable this change, supporting new models of collaboration and co-creation while offering a safe, smart and highly personalized user experience.
What do the top managers of the companies think about all this?
You could specify fundamental points in 5. First, a transformation of the workplace adapted to the current lifestyle. Today's jobs are not configured to support flexible work. Hence, 66% admits that they have less than an 10% of their workforce temporarily or freelance.
But what is clear is that facing this 2025, many companies will experience this important change because what is sought is a balance between work and personal life. In fact, 70% say they will implement corporate policies to improve the work-life balance of their employees.
Second, the smart job. The study shows how close to 63% of participants stated that interoperability with obsolete technology is an "important" challenge for productivity, especially due to the lack of access to productivity tools.
Therefore, artificial intelligence will completely remodel the business, smart virtual assistants will become a key point and biometric authentication will provide a more effective and less intrusive security approach.
Third, a workplace with a low environmental impact. One of the key success factors for supporting remote work is to allow effective collaboration. According to the study, 59% of companies have implemented the latest generation of collaboration-based tools. But for the remaining 41%, which have not yet done so, it is because security concerns are a major blocking point. An 46% cites it as the main barrier, above cost, with 32%. In addition, 52% of companies incorporate cloud models in their strategy and in Spain up to 55%. Hence, in 2025 virtual meetings will replace daily trips, office buildings will become truly intelligent and environmental, allowing remote work and collaboration.
Fourth, a job without limits. One of the increasingly common characteristics of business innovation strategies is for organizations to look for sources of inspiration abroad. Traditional barriers between sectors are broken, companies work in partnership with start-ups or with companies from other sectors and regions. Co-creating is an essential part of digital ecosystems. And global crowdsourcing will drive a new era of scale. But, the reality is that 74% affirms that, to date, its current workplace infrastructure does not have a highly positive impact on its ability to innovate with businesses outside of its organization.
Fifth, a workplace generational cross. For many companies, attracting new talent poses a new set of challenges. Native digital workers are looking for different career paths, incentives, work practices and environments, than those built during the last 50 years. Only 10% of respondents claim to have a knowledge management system for all employees, who are encouraged to use it. An 52% is used in some business areas and 29% are still considering putting the strategy into operation, compared to 9% which has none.
Changes in demographic patterns will have a great impact on the future of the job. Millennials will have become the dominant presence in the workforce for 2025, at which time it is expected that many major economies have raised current retirement ages to relieve pressure on pensions and reduce skill shortages created by the demographic change. Around the 77% of the study participants believe that generational diversity will be one of the three main trends to shape their strategy in the workplace.